Thank you for standing by us, Chaos. Dueling with spam/bots is a task with no joy.

It seems we are in a season of transition. We have lost some of our stalwarts, retired SAR people who could interpret events through the vast lens of their practical experience on the ground.

Others have moved in different directions, including me: I am more of a homesteader now, as opposed to a self-propelled wilderness traveller. So I'm hanging out at permies.com/forums -- even though the front page seems kooky-ville and off-putting, there are lots of people doing innovative and knowledgeable stuff in the forum, and there is a strict "be nice" policy that makes it welcoming, just like this forum. And there is a lot of survival-related crossover in the topics.

So, my point: even if this forum is mostly quiet, it would be madness for the vast, formidable archive of knowledge that resides here to be lost or forgotten. Somehow we need a ready archive of links that we can copy and post elsewhere, to add value to the world and perhaps drive some traffic back this way.

What do you folks think? Madness? or Wisdom?