How do you all store fuel?
5 Gallon Plastic Containers
2.5 Gallon Plastic Container

How much do you store at all times?
What do you store fuel for?
(a) 20 Gallons 87 Octane "Regular" Gasoline for Generator and Vehicles.

(b) 2.5 gallons 92 Octane Ethanol-Free Gas "run test" fuel for generator.

(c) 2.5 Gallons 92 Octane 50:1 Oil Mix. For the two remaining non-battery outdoor power tools I have (Leaf Blower and Split-shaft line trimmer/multi head tool).

(d) 15 Gallons Diesel. For the tractor and potentially for the furnace.

(e) 5 Gallons K1 Kerosene. For a shop heater (one of those "jet engine" style ones).

How much can you ramp up and store if there's a predicted needs (hurricane is coming, etc.)?

My current allocation was developed after the 2012 Superstorm Sandy, where our power was out for over 14 days, and due to damage to telecommunications infrastructure, there was no ability to buy fuel for many days. Technically, I could "ramp up" to much more if I were willing to buy more storage containers such as this kind but we learned that there's a point where running the generator is not worth it. Specifically, spending $300 on gas to save $200 worth of refrigerated food. We do need a generator for water (we're on a well) and our septic is a "pumped" system, so we need power to run the tank pump. Also we have an oil furnace, but we also have wood stove and fireplace so we can get by without it if needed. But we definitely learned that running the generator about 1 hour in the morning and two hours in the evening is often enough to recharge batteries, fill up some water containers and flush the toilets.