We moved into our permanent home in Nacogdoches, Tx, on June 16, though not the one built in 1968.

I like this city. I like the layout of this house, and I like the fact I'm two streets from the bus line (a five-minute walk); what I don't like is that the neighborhood is not flat.

The house was built in 1986, making it as old as I am. However, it was not well-maintained, so it looks older than it is. A coop and five egg-laying hens came with the house. Therefore I'm learning how to take care of chickens.

After being in limbo for three months, it took almost two months to move in, get settled, get internet, help mom with painting and remodeling projects (still doing that), replace items that got left behind, work on my preps, spend hours on the phone regarding my health insurance and having to call again when new problems arrive.

The box (that held my high school diploma and a dream catcher my Native American friend made for me years ago) is lost.

I know my post is disorganized, but a lot has happened to get back to Texas.

Jeanette Isabelle