It's always good to periodically check your gear.

When's the last time I checked the spare tires in our vehicles? It's relevant, since a flat last week revealed a less than stellar 12V air compressor in my wife's car. I also need to add some short pipe snipes to increase leverage on the tiny tire irons they provide. And, add a couple of 4x4 blocks to act as tire chocks if I have to change a tire on a hill. And I have never tested the manufacturer's jacks ...

I'm also concerned about my ancient MSR XGK stove. There are a lot of seals, and they won't hold forever. I should look around for a seal kit, if they are still available. It doesn't matter at home, of course, since I have five other stoves and a wood pile the size of a semi trailer.

I check things like tents by taking them on car camping trips, where the worst that can happen is a kinked neck from sleeping in the passenger seat. It's a good opportunity to test other gear as well, and frankly it's more fun while bumping around a mountain campsite.

I have a 3000W pure sine wave inverter, but I've never given it a hard test. I should, since it's a last ditch way to fire up my basement furnace during a power outage in an extreme cold event, to keep pipes from freezing.

Yup, I need to get busy on this. And I need to go camping too. :-)