With every looming crisis, the same question rises : how much prepping is needed. When Covid started , I already had several boxes of face masks (used for workshop, possible sandstorms, or general safety situations). I went haead and bought several dozens of additional boxes. Now that Covid is almost gone in my corner of the world, I still have dozens of boxes unused.

Now we are facing inflation, and I feel the urge to stockpile stuff, from tuna cans to vehicle engine oil and spare parts (air filters ..etc.). But I am not sure how many, and how much

The same has happened with the normal EDC items. Sometimes I like a knife or a flashlight ..etc. so I buy 2 or 3. Years pass and technology changed everything, so I had to throw away several unused flashlights because they are pre-LED technology and not as energy efficient as the newer models. On the other hand, I bought other stuff and later regretted not buying more of. One example is the current companion bag that I cannot go anywhere without. I bought it for approximately US$ 5-6 , and the store had 4 of them. Now after so many years, I really wish I bought all 4 of them. They were so cheap , so light, and so space-efficient.

So, the same question goes and comes back. How much prepping is OK.

Let's hope and pray that these supply chain and inflation mess doesn't stay with us for long.