After more than twenty-four hours of not hearing from the seller since the time Mom made an offer, Mom went back to looking at houses in Nacogdoches and found one that had just gone on the market. Mom scheduled a time to meet with the realtor at that house.

When we arrived, the realtor told Mom that the seller of the older home had accepted Mom's offer. Since we were there at the newer house, why not tour the place. The older home has some cons. I'm not so in love with the older home that I'm blind to that reality.

Mom liked the newer house, and I admit that it has some sellable features.

After seeing the newer house, mom and I had lunch at my favorite fast-food chain, Dairy Queen. She knew how I felt about the older home. Objectively, we discussed the pros and cons of both places, and we decided on the house built in '68.

Mom called the realtor and told her of our decision. Mom wrote a check out to the title company, and if there are no more snafus, we'll be in our permanent home in three weeks.

Jeanette Isabelle

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Jeanette_Isabelle/a/85a47195-6ea4-4198-bc97-12801ac99899