The one time I "bugged out" was due to an ice storm that left us without power for 11 days.After a couple days we moved in with friends who had power.I could have moved the whole house.

Of the thousands of people who bug out each year most have plenty of warning.What is the cause of most bug outs?

Wildfires,floods,hurricanes.You know there coming,how close etc.Now things such as 911 you have less time,but who bugged out of NYC after the attack? and if they did I'm sure they took the time to grab some stuff.Now the folks inside wtc I'm sure just fled and who carries their bob in their hand at work?

Keep as much as possible in your bob,your car,ON YOU,but short of living near a nuke plant, large chemical plant,(even then I'm not sure going out side is wise)or down stream from a large damn that you feel may burst it seems as if for most folks the major threat is one that has ome warning.Just don't be one of the dopes that stays till the flood waters up to the roof....

In fact in my case I'm more concerned with" bugging in"that is getting to my house.

Just my 2 cents.