For many years I happily EDCed a LM XE-6, with a Vic eyeglass screwdriver added to the corkscrew. A spring on the file broke and I sent it to LM for repair or replacement.

They honored their warranty by telling me the XE-6 was no longer in production and no longer supported for repairs. So they kept the broken tool and sent me , as a replacement, a brand new Wave+ and case.

Now that was more than fair on their part and I applaud their customer relations and warranty service. But I miss my XE-6 and the Wave + is over 2 oz. heavier and much bulkier than my old XE-6. Just a bit too heavy & bulky for comfortable pocket carry in an office environment.. Albeit, I have been carrying it. It is a great tool.

Anyway, after some research , I figured out that the old discontinued LM Blast was the closet in weight and tools to the XE-6. It was slim too . I just bought one on E-bay , advertised as “mint” & “unused” , with sheath, for $75 plus shippping. Too much, but they seem to be very popular on the secondary market.

Maybe LM will sprint run the XE-6 and bring the Blast back into their regular lineup , as a sort of “ Gentleman’s ( or woman’s) Tool? I’m sure LM reads all posts on their projects. How about some of you post the same same production call?