Quote:
I have seen a family where a member sabotaged their preparation. The wife took preparation seriously, but the husband would destroy her work because he got such a kick out of hurting her. Perhaps this is the sort of situation that Chisel has in mind?

Well, Bingley, I do have an interest in reading about personality types like MBTI 16 types , and narcissists.. etc, so I feel tempted to ask for more details about the husband and his reaction. But this may make a detour in the thread.

I agree with you about living our lives and not taking prepping into addiction mode. What I meant is that the prepper may not even have enough space left to apply his simple ideas of prepping (a pantry , a small garden, a small workshop .. etc.) because others never think of any lifestyle exists outside of the blind consumerist lifestyle.

So there is a conflict here. They may ridicule the purchase of some tools, but will not blink when they ask for changing the living room sofas or painting the whole house; not because of anything dysfunctional, but because it is not fashionable anymore, or maybe just feeling envy of other who have done it.