I move around a lot because of my career. So some forms of prep don't make sense for my situation. I can't modify a house if I'll leave it in a few years. It doesn't make sense to buy a big generator or anything that is bulky, heavy, and hard to move long distance or overseas. I can't stock a year's worth of food or a lot of fuel.

You can make do with a lot less than prepping guides would have you believe. When you realize you just cannot take that much with you, you ask yourself what you really need to meet your survival goals. It just takes some planning.

Equipment makes some things easier, but, you know, this prepping thing is also a business. Vendors want to sell you more and more stuff. Some websites offering prep info might as well be called a shopping guide. I sometimes wonder how indigenous tribes in the Amazons ever survived without deliveries from Amazon. We don't really need all that.

When I get on the road moving from one location to another, I do feel naked without all my prep stuff. It's weird when all your possessions are on a truck somewhere. But somehow I've always managed to survive in hotels. Can you imagine that?

Emergencies and disasters do happen, but they rarely happen. If they happen to me while I'm moving, then it's just really bad luck. I accept that possibility.