When prepping is not a good idea

As per prepping protocols , we should have extra food, extra batteries ..etc. However, sometimes we may find out it was not a good idea to store these extras.

A few years back, I almost lived in my home office (man cave) in the first floor of our house. Health issues like knee problems forced me to stay down in the ground floor and utilize a corner as my office. That kept me away from my smaller workshop (in the office), medium workshop (another room upstairs) , main workshop (second floor) and all the prepping stuff scattered in them : from batteries , office supplies, stoves, tools, and anything in between.

Last week, my son had something broken in his car, and I suggested he go up and take some epoxy glue to fix it. He brought it but the glue was spoiled. Summer heat has turned the deserted office room into an oven. I went up there the next morning to collect (recue?) a few things like batteries, pens, glue ..etc. I just couldn't stay there for long enough. At 5 am, the temp was 50 C (120 F).

The result : pens' ink dried. Glue oozed out of tube and turned into a hardened mass (mess). Batteries oozed out and were useless.

This was not the first time. And I decided not to give in to 'good deals', rather I should buy items as need dictates.