[u][/u]Unfortunately, solitary practice does not allow you the chance to work on a very important skill - diagnosis

After tending to the airway, breathing, and circulation (including severe[i][/i] bleeding, a thorough, comprehensive patient survey is in order. In my experience, this often finds more serious conditions that also require treatment. Typically, you want to treat the condition before moving the patient, even a little. Often you are dealing with spinal or neck fractures or their possibility, the consequences of which could be paralysis or death. Obviously, tricky choices may be involved.

We often transported patients on rigid backboards (better tools are now available) just to get them to the ER reasonably intact. Sometimes you are dealing with an unconscious or incoherent victim - that is really challenging.

you can rarely diagnose fractures in the field - X rays are generally required. So you assume worst case and splint and immobilize.

A good course will seet up these conditions so you have some experience before the real thing....