Originally Posted By: Acropolis50
Doug, pls enlighten us and tell us which brand & Model 6” Ti pr bar and very pointed 3.5” scissors that you can get thru TSA or other airport security, on a regular basis? I’ve had some weird and inconsistent experiences with similar tools.

For instance on my last trip from the US to Israel, I had TSA check and OK a small (~5”) needle nose plier, same size reversible flat and star screwdriver and a combo wrench round edge 4” pry -bar. I also flew, with these tools ,internally in Israel, from Tel Aviv to Eilat. But on the flight home to the US , the Border Police / TSA equivalent , made me surrender all 3 tools??? I complained to the Supervisor and explained l flew in with them and around in Israel, but to no avail.

I don't recall what brand pry bar it is, was gifted by a maker a long time ago, turns out I misremembered, I'm male... ;=), it is 4.5 inches long, but longer is legal.

I don't travel internationally, so I can't speak to that. TSA's "what can I bring" https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all

Scissors
Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
If packed in carry-on, they must be less than 4 inches from the pivot point.

Tools 7 inches or shorter (measured from end to end when assembled) are allowed in carry-on baggage.

So far, no problems. But, in the end, TSA can do pretty much whatever the hell they want. Get someone having a bad day or an (north end of a southbound horse), well, you lose. I never carry anything I can't afford to lose.

Edited by Doug_Ritter (07/20/21 03:12 AM)
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com