I keep separate sets of chargers and cables in:
1. my bedroom
2. my kitchen
3. my truck
4. my office
5. my handbag, including a 5 Ah backup battery pack

and, I have a larger 13 Ah backup battery pack that gets used during power outages or while travelling, and otherwise stays in my Travelpro flight tote.

Because of this, the set in my handbag almost never gets used. My iPhone and iPad stay plugged in unless I am actually moving between those locations or out of the house on foot, so they are virtually always at 100% charge.

But, I plan to revamp all of this this year, since my new iPad and iPhone have USB-C charging cables and can take higher current charging, and I am planning on buying at least one Fenix tactical flashlight that takes a 21700 USB-C battery and a Fenix taillamp for my bicycle that takes a USB-C charger. That way, I will be standardised on USB-C. I also inherited my boss’ 2017 model MacBook Pro to replace the 2012 MacBook Pro I inherited from him a few years ago, and that is all USB-C.

I’m going to get either the Fenix TK28 TAC or PD36 TAC, and the bicycle mount for it. Fenix is also coming out with a USB-C charging cradle that will enable me to use a 21700 battery as a backup battery for my iPhone, and that will ensure I always have a backup battery for the flashlight on me, as well, in addition to my Fenix E12 v2.0 EDC flashlight.

I’m just waiting for the specs of the TK28 TAC to be released, so I can decide between that and the PD36 TAC. The PD36 TAC will run over 10 hours at 350 lumens with a flat discharge curve, or over 18.5 hours at 150 lumens, or 45 hours at 30 lumens. I don’t really even care about the super high power modes.

I live on one edge of the downtown area of my town, and my office is at the opposite edge, about 3 miles away. In between is all my shopping. With at least 10 hours runtime at 350 lumens, and a short commute, I’ll have plenty of battery power if I need to actually access the Tactical mode, and I’ll still have a backup 21700 ready to go.

Edited by amper (07/06/21 08:25 AM)