I know exactly what you're talking about. I work with computers doing programming, but I also enjoy maintaining and supporting them.

To reach computer cables, I can crawl on my hands and knees between filing cabinets and the wall where the space is so tight my hips are squeezed.

Yet I am hesitant (but becoming less so) about the MRI. Why? It involves choice. I choose to get myself into tight little places to fix computer. I am being told, by my neurologist, to place myself in this MRI. It is not my decision, it is my neurologist's.

Just like when I was young and wanted to help my parents by washing the dishes. If they told me to do it, I didn't want to. But if it was my decision, then of course I did it.

I know it will be alright. The key is to educate myself to know what to expect. My doctor is too busy to do so. Same with my neurologist. That's my job, as the patient.

Knowing what we're getting ourselves into is also part of being Equipped to Survive, even if it involves only a trip to the MRI.