For you to build a better version of the SEVENTY2 than Uncharted, that kit that you built would have to be able to do everything that the Uncharted kit can do. If you can't do that, what are we to make of your claim?

Originally Posted By: hikermor
'be able to reflect light for nighttime safety and still be able to blend in" I don't get your meaning here.

To address your question, this is the third time that I'm having to say this, "With what I have, the branding on the outside is not noticeable until you shine a light on it. The solution addresses conflicting problems. Grey or dull colors help a person to blend in but is in danger at night if they are unseen by motorists. Bright colors or reflective materials provide safety at night but draw unwanted attention during the day. Including reflective material that is the same color as the pack but can reflect light is the most well-balanced solution that I've seen yet."

I am not in the least concerned with blending in.

It does not matter if you are interested, you are the one who made that bold claim.

Finding splinting material is trivial and easily done,

That does not matter. The kit in question has the material to make two improvised splints.

If you are referring to the whistle attachment on the chest strap, these are commonly available accessories - I have several.

Good.

I think we are coming at this from different perspectives. You seem to be envisioning the somewhat mythical total societal collapse where everyone goes crazy and total chaos ensues.

What perspective? You claimed you could make a better version of the kit in question.

I am more concerned with getting out of the woods and back to society, although societal upheaval is a possibility. Thus I am more concerned with high visibility. This is far more common circumstance.

What does that have to do with your claim? You can make a better version of that kit, right? Isn't that what you claimed? Guess what, that kit is grey.

This brings to mind that the kit omits a crucial item - a signal mirror - don't leave home without it.

You did say you can make it better. Adding a signal mirror would make it better.

Jeanette Isabelle