Originally Posted By: hikermor
The problem is you are comparing apples to rotten tomatoes - decent or better quality items to junk that doesn't work/unreliable or a real FAK vs their booboo stuff

I know that a person can buy better quality components than what's included but how is it possible to build a kit better if you do not include everything the SEVENTY2 has to offer?

Interesting that you would stop for obvious bleeding, but nothing else, presumably fractures, concussion, or general unconsciousness - those can be pretty serious. Obviously, initial appearance is significant to you.

Hikermore, you were not specific. Where is the fracture? Concussions and unconsciousness are outside the scope of the small FAK.

it will take a bit of time and some research, but I will come up with a list or two, probably one incorporating things at hand and the other all purchased from REI. probably some worthwhile additions as well.

No actual building is required but I need to know how you would theoretically build it. How would you make a backpack double as a flotation device or carry water, be able to reflect light for nighttime safety, and still be able to blend in? How would you include the attachment for the flashlight? How would you attach the whistle? How would you organize the components and label the organizer? How would you make the organizer double as a backpack so that another person can use the shell for something else? How would you include the survival instructions? How would make the organizer backing be multi-purpose items including two splints? What would you use for an irrigation syringe without adding an irrigation syringe to it? What would you use for improvised tender in addition to the cotton ball in the match safe? How would you do all that while keeping the weight down to 11 pounds?

Jeanette Isabelle