What do you mean by uniformity? And what are its supposed advantages? I prefer the criteria of suitability and dependability.

In that light, the inclusion of alkileak batteries is negligence, verging on criminal, especially in a kit that presumably will not be used or inspected frequently. the only possible reason is lower initial cost, paying no attention to the numerous disadvantages, primarily undependability and limited useful life.

How far would you carry this grey person routine? Let's say we are milling around in some sort of SHTF scenario and someone is in physical distress, obviously in need of first aid or better attention.

Would you emerge from your grey mode, open your pack, extract you FAK, (thereby revealing your prepared status-Gasp!) and render aid?

For the record, I have been rendering aid, both on the job, and as a volunteer, and have suffered no ill consequences.

I think the grey person mode is absolutely garbage, unjustified by real world experience. Bright colors will not get you in trouble, but dull colors at night will kill you.