Originally Posted By: hikermor
I would agree with your observations about the advantages of rechargeables vs. traditional throwaways.

My principal charging device is a Nitecore intellicharger i4 which will do NiMh AA, AAA, AAAA, and C, as well as a whole passel of li-ion sizes including 18650s, but not 21700s, in increasingly common offering. It gets power from the wall or also 12V cigarette lighters. I am happy with it.

[...]

As far as I am concerned, alkakines are obsolete Stone Age relics, although there is a place for disposable lithium batteries....

Yeah, I haven't bought an alkileak in decades! Got tired of leaking batteries ruining expensive electronics. The last straw was years ago needing a pliers and corkscrew to remove a badly leaking Duracell from an expensive-for-the-time point and shoot camera. The charger I have is a Nitecore IICR but branded for Cloud Defensive. It works fine but I want to be able to track internal resistance and measure capacity to keep track of battery degradation.