Seems to be the GHB of one of the paramilitary types who populate "survivalism." They have a pessimistic view of events, forecasting that when society collapses, people will turn lawless and riot, searching desperately for food and necessities, while to avoid them, one must relocate to a BOL, ideally close to or within wilderness, there to recreate a 19th century lifestyle.

Others may have a different viewpoint. I have sought out wilderness most of my adult life, either for recreation, business (archaeology) or humanitarian concerns (volunteer search and rescue). There the context has always been, when things go sour, to leave the wild and get to town and the blessings of civilization. Guns and ammo have a very small role to play in that scenario. Camo clothing is irrelevant (and not very stylish (IMHO).

There will be change in the future, most of it for the better, but there will be disasters, both large and small scale. It is wise to plan since many situations are predictable, but putting a lot of your resources into weaponry will be misguided'

I know not everyone agrees with this, so let a lively discussion .