With a crew change sked for 15Feb, we left Lafayette, La and prepositoned ourselves in Channelview (East side of Houston), Tx. We left Lafayette on Saturday 13Feb to beat the weather to Houston.

Along the way to Houston, crew change was changed to Wednesday 17Feb. We stopped at a grocery store and picked up drinks (including beer) and microwavable meals, sandwich materials, ice for our ice chest, and snacks.

This hotel (LaQuinta) has a medium small refrigerator (no freezer), small microwave, iron w/ironingboard, and a coffee maker. We brought sufficient food and drinks to get us through Wednesday although we should be leaving Wednesday morning.

Items needed for hunkering down in a hotel:
2 rolls of paper towels, a pack of paper plates; 4 days of microwavable foods, snacks, drinks; my boat GHB (2 regular adult and 2 child GHB’s remain in the truck).

Thanks to modern technology, I am able to know that my boat is windbound against the south bank of the GICW-W just west of the High Island Bridge. If the boat gets moving again, we’ll know it and then we can decide if we should leapfrog to the east (not likely) or just sit tight.

Edited by wildman800 (02/15/21 07:12 PM)