Originally Posted By: hikermor
So where are your refeereences?

I said previously that I am unaware of peer reviewed research on cayenne pepper but that it has been used in the alternative (traditional) medicine field for a long time with success. I also mentioned that it is an area that should be studied more to determine the exact mechanism of action. There hasn't been any research which has disproven the claims of natural medicine about this compound either.

I will say that the information that Snopes talks about in that link is total quackery. That website had no idea what they were talking about. However no published research doesn't mean that it doesn't affect clotting or internal bleeding, it just means that mainstream medicine has ignored this herb which has been used in traditional medicine for a long time. Don't forget that a large number of drugs are synthetic versions of compounds which were isolated from herbs and plants used in traditional medicine.

Did I say that everyone should use it? No. Did I say that it works? Yes. Did I say that it needs to be studied to fully document how it works... sure did. I think I have covered all bases. If you are interested then dive down the natural medicine rabbit hole.. it can be rewarding. Otherwise don't add it to your kit wink