There is a TON of evidence that MAST/PASG devices do not work and may do more harm than good in many circumstances. I don't even know how many patients I have put them on in years past, but we know better now. I don't buy into the "it has always worked for me" mentality of medicine. I am of the school of Evidence-based medicine... prove it works!

Sugar and more specifically Honey have been proven effective for wound management and healing... Bleeding control is another issue altogether. In a survival situation, making do with what you have is one thing but there is NO EXCUSE for professional rescuers/healthcare providers to be carrying sugar for bleeding control when there are a number of highly effective hemostatics available.

"The problem with Evidence Based Medicine is really the clinicians" Shyan Goh (Orthopaedic Surgeon - Sydney, Australia)
Don't be the provider that gets in the way of good medicine because "it always worked".

Edited by Alan_Romania (01/31/21 07:25 PM)