I still worry about my daughter, but she is an adventurer and there is nothing much I can do about it. Her normal day job has her swimming among dozens of sharks all day. They are mostly 10 to 12 foot Galapagos sharks. Those are "friendly", but even these docile ones have teeth and you don't want to get on the wrong end of their chompers. She says this time of year is Tiger Shark time however. Now those I worry about. 18, sometimes 20 foot long, aggressive, and known man eaters. This time of year she'll have a couple of those come up to investigate her and her fellow divers up close every day. They will get caught in the nets sometimes, and one of my daughter's jobs is to free them (all done underwater). While they are lunging and twisting and in a frenzy to eat the fish behind the nets. Doesn't sound terribly safe to me.

I think many times, every time I would hope!, they have a tanked rescue diver with them when they are freediving for a new personal depth record. I suspect that "every time" is not the case, although I wish it was. My daughter said that 80 feet is easy, and she has time to hang around at that depth for a while before resurfacing. I believe she has passed 100 feet now, but I don't know how much farther. She is being trained by a freediving instructor, at least part of the time (I don't know the details).