when the urban violence escalated prior to the election, I took a good look at my low light vision needs...my house is in an old residential area, with streets lined with large trees that block the street lamp illumination, and close houses and privacy fences that severely limit visibility...I'm not ready to purchase a GenIII thin film white phosphor night vision PVS 13 yet, but did sit in the front yard with a pair of 12x50 and 7x35 Tasco binoculars...just to test the twilight factor, on how well they actually gathered available light... the 7x35 with its 5mm exit pupil diameter performed better as the number indicated, but also distorted distances less...I have a 4x32 ACOG on each of my dedicated 5.56 carbines...

to further improve my low light identification needs, I added a mount to the 7x35 to attach a P60 high output LED light... not very covert, but at that point I don't really care for IFF

living in hurricane country, my food preps are in pretty good shape...

I have switched from pocket carry to IWB, and added to my over match capability carried in my car bag

regards

Edited by LesSnyder (12/31/20 09:07 PM)