Originally Posted By: haertig
I found that people panic buy the strangest things.

Here is kind of a strange thing we're stocking up on, but not because of COVID.

We like Bounty paper towel, but we've been noticing that the store near us is starting to only carry their "select-a-size" version, which has half-size sheets, with the idea that you can pull off two sheets if a standard sized piece is needed. My experience is that when using two connected half sheets with anything that gets it wet it simply falls apart at the perforations, and quickly becomes two too small sheets. That irritates me. I hate them.

Even online my wife noticed a reduced availability of regular Bounty, while the select-a-size Bounty is still quite available. With a concern that Bounty was phasing out the standard size, we've started stocking up on the standard size. Time will tell if this was virtual hoarding.

I should also say that we've started trying to use microfiber towels for more and more regular cleaning activities that might have been done with paper towels in the past - in order to be more environmentally friendly, but for microwave cooking and for some really grungy nasty cleanups there is nothing as good as a disposable paper towels.