Around here, if you go by yard signs, "candidate A" will win by a landslide. You see very few "candidate B" yard signs (although you do see a lot of American flags, where appear to be a substitute for a B yard sign).

But when you think about it, the way intimidation and denigration of the B side is going these days, you can tell an A voter because they have an A sign in their yard. You can tell a B voter because they DO NOT HAVE an A sign in their yard (they have no sign at all).

Maybe things are different in other parts of the country. But that's the way it is around here.

Tying this back to the original topic of this thread (preparation), in years past we talked about pocket survival kits, what to take when backpacking, etc., in an attempt to prepare ourselves to survive an unforeseen situation. Or we talked about surviving natural disasters. We don't discuss politics because that just tends to start arguments (we all know that, and try to abide by the "no discuss" rule, with minor slips here and there). But these days, the biggest threat to one's life and health is not some misadventure on a trail somewhere. It is your political beliefs! This is very sad. So while we still cannot discuss politics here (and that's a good thing), what we are discussing is surviving political unrest. Identifying people who may possibly attack us for our views. Planning and discussing on how to protect ourselves from such an attack - which by it's nature, is not a pretty or a pleasant thing to discuss. We sound like a bunch of Rambo wannabees at times. But that's where our society has taken us, unfortunately. I am no longer concerned about carrying a signal mirror, a whistle, or a ferro rod. Other things are more appropriate for me to be carrying now. I hope things swing back to the way there were before, and soon.