Went 'grey' about five or six months ago. Don't put our flag out and am being low profile, which is easier now that I'm retired. We're in a suburb in a town home and our community is - well, odd. There are a large number of Indians (dot type)IT folks in our specific HOA and the larger group HOA "master" association has a very large number of retired or 50 plus types. We also have a couple of commercial strip mall properties as a part of the whole HOA group which includes the local Armed Forces Recruiting office for all four branches (sorry no CG). The kids, doing what I will guess is delayed enlistment, run by the house most every week day along with some of the military staff - one day the Marines came by with the Sgt. in his Dress Blues and they weren't slow jogging!

That all makes our immediate area feel 'safe' but were just a few blocks from the major mall/shopping & entertainment center for the area. We are not experiencing any real unrest and the summer protests were never news making riots even if there was some damage downtown and arrests.

With all that, for the election planning - we've stocked up the pantry a bit more just this week and made sure we've got our supplies topped off. I've got my ready mags loaded and the "night stand revolver" are at hand. The only major change was to also have my old duty belt also fully set up and it's ready to go in the closet with the 9MM. The rifle and/or shotgun can come out of the safe as conditions warrant. The wife is going to do a 'phone party' to watch the results with an out-of-state friend and I'm going to bed early. The next morning is when I figure it will be interesting and I plan on paying attention to the local news, scanners and on-line reports. I hope, pray and actually expect it to stay quiet/normal here regardless of the outcome. The following weeks and national reactions will help guide my follow on actions and activities.

Oh yeah, as recommend by others: Stay away from crowds!

Edited by pforeman (10/18/20 04:53 PM)