Plans for demonstrations? Stay far away from them. Go nowhere near mobs. Everyone has an opinion, nobody cares what mine is, so no need to demonstrate.

But I am preparing for them to come to me, even if I currently think that is unlikely. Over the last few weeks I have been taking my military and "evil black rifles" to the range alongside the normal precision target rifles I usually shoot. I have been refreshing my memory on where all those seldom-shot "assault rifles" hit, what distance they are zeroed at, etc. And I am creating ballistic cards to tape to each stock. Usually I use a tablet to calculate ballistics, but a pre-printed card is better for defense use.

ALL rifle mags are in the process of being fully loaded and stored alongside the rifle that uses them. All handgun ammo is in the process of being moving into labeled caliber-specific ammo boxes with a firearm (and multiple mags) appropriate for that caliber included in the ammo can. What I'm after are simple "grab-and-go" defense deployments.

Just like wearing a seatbelt when I don't expect to get in a car wreck, I want to be ready for defense even if I don't expect the need to arise. Its easy enough to unload mags and put things away later, at my leisure. Conversely, I wouldn't want to have to assemble them in a rapid manner - I want them completely ready for action in advance.

Paranoid much? Yeah, I am. That's how you stay alive during surprises.