Yes, the mama cougar seems like threatening the guy and pushing him away. This same behaviour I saw when a stray cat came in our backyard and gave birth to 4 kittens, and after a few weeks they grew up and started wandering around my wife outside kitchen. She complained about the kittens and their mom which was not happy that we were around, LOL. The mama cat did exactly that same move when I tried to get closer.

Stray dogs were one of the reasons I quit my morning walk. I don't know much about their behaviour and gestures and was not in the mood of finding out. One day a group of stray dogs came too close to me while I was walking and I slowly grabbed a few pieces of trash - to use as defensive tools - then retreated to the house.

One day, though, I was surprised by how peaceful these animals can be. I was driving in the neighbourhood, and saw 3 stray dogs going in the street. I was in my car so no problem. But then I saw one Asian guy sitting on the side (these domestic workers or drivers are usually given a room in the house where they work, and the room is separate from the house with a door opening directly on the street). So he was sitting in the morning drinking his coffee and relaxing. I stopped to warn him of the 3 dogs coming his way, but noticed that he was looking that way. He saw them but didn't rush to go back inside his room. The dogs saw him and stopped, seemed as if they were discussing what to do, LOL.

Then I was surprized to see them steer away from him to the road asphalt and continued their way. I was really surprized.