I live in Washington, D.C. and before I walk out the front door I put on a mask. And I keep it on if I'm walking. Don't put it over my nose unless someone is within half a block. We walk a lot in the bike lanes these days. I don't wear it in the car but a lot of people do if others are in the car with them.

Masks during the COVID era should be as much about protecting others as protecting ourselves. It is common courtesy to wear one in proximity to others unless they are in your agreed upon COVID bubble. There are just a few friends in my COVID bubble.

Bandanas don't protect anyone. And my N95 masks have vents that would expel COVID to others so I don't wear those, either.

I keep a couple masks in the car (and always put one on for going through the drive-thru at restaurants, doing grocery pickups, etc.). Have a dozen cloth masks, some of which will take a filter.

Going to be a lot nicer to wear a mask during the colder months. Wore one biking on a recent cold morning and it was fine. Was very uncomfortable this summer, even walking up the street.