I've been rummaging around in Chaosmagnet's trash at night looking for snacks.

In these uncertain times (said with a bit of sarcasm regarding TV commercials) I don't travel very much or very far. Last year my wife & I retired to a national forest in the Wisconsin Northwoods.

I'd posted that my wife absolutely surprised me with an orange Ritter Mk1. She knows I like Doug's knives, and this one is a real looker.

Lately we've been talking about getting a new personal locator beacon (the one we have has probably aged out) because up here it is all too common to have no cell phone signal, and getting stuck in winter can be life threatening.

I want to buy a handgun, but training/range facilities are mostly closed, and Chaosmagnet convinced me that without training I should wait. My 12g is fine for now.

Most of my time has been spent setting up for doing some garage-based woodworking. Nothing fancy. BUT, because of the virus and the fact that many people around here don't wear masks in public, I'm not buying lumber/plywood at this time. So I'm learning, planning, and doing what I can via online ordering. Luckily we got our four horse stalls built last fall - before the new virus. If you have any interest, I'll recommend the online courses at theweekendwoodworker dot com.

Stay safe.