This topic mirrors a longer discussion in a 6/23/20 topics titled ,”Cash is king”. . Long story short, carry as much as u can , in small bills as UR circumstances allow,. Build it up to say ~ $500-$1000, or more, depending on costs U R likely to encounter in UR area of operation.. $20s, $10s. $5s & $1s, up to about $350 and add extra $20s and $50s & $100s , after U reach that plateau. It took me years to build up to the higher amounts.

Dylan said “ Money doesn’t talk , it swears!” It can save UR life in a mugging , buy unavailable transport tickets or a room in a hotel with a “No. Vacancy” sign fluashing, or a tank of gas at a “. All Out” gas station. And it becomes even more valuable in a blackout when credit card machines stop working. I carry stashes on my person, in my EDC bag and in my car.

I used to carry change for parking meters , vending machines and pay phones, but that was a lifetime ago. Albeit I have some leftover quarters in my car. Today it’s better to make sure U have ten dollars in $1s for the purpose and small tips.

Expanding on the theme, again as circumstances allow, try to build up a cash reserve to cover 1-6 months household expense, loan/ car payments, mortgage & taxes,, to keep at home. I also keep an extra credit card , different from the ones I usually use, in cas mine is stolen or cloned.