I can't bring myself to watch their videos, so I will confine myself to further description of their blatant inaccuracies.

From their piece on floods:
" A flash flood may result from a tsunami, but not always." Both involve inordinate amounts of water in the wrong place at the wrong time, but any similarity ends there. The flow of water is quite different. Unless you are in relatively low areas along the coast, you need not concern yourself with tsunamis. flash floods can occur over a much wider area. I have dealt with amazing floods in the desert. There are bits of good advice in this section, but overall, it is highly superficial.

There is a lot of misinformation and just plain typos ("sheers" for "shears" - First Aid Kit) that one wonders about their general competence,knowledge, and ability.

They state that their bag has a capacity of 48 liters, giving the dimensions as 18x12x6 inches. That is less than 1300 cu inches, or 21 liters.

Apparently there is some sort of storage container, not illustrated or described, which would increase the capacity, but their figures are misleading.

Burncycle's comments are right on! He also mentions the cumulative cost of the gear he has assembled. I am in the same boat. I was surprised to see the total cost of some of my survival essentials.

The things I would use in a survival situation are also the items i use regularly when out and about, so nearly everything has a purpose beyond some stark survival situation. My gear has been accumulated over time and that eases the pain. When you are in a tricky situation, cost is irrelevant. Hanging from a rope, I have often thought, "Whatever this cost, it was worth it!"

Finally, I don't understand the concern with being grey in a tough situation. Short of some sort of riot/mob situation, I am going to step up and help people in worse shape than me. I have been doing this quite regularly and there is no reason to stop now.

If I am ever faced with a frenzied mob, I will deal with the situation. Until then...