I agree with you about the seriousness of the Hajj(pilgrimage) season (last days of July). But I was referring to the current situation these days.

As a muslim myself, I am worried actually about several other factors even for those who are not going to Hajj. One is the Eid ( celebration days after completion of Hajj or completing the fasting month of Ramadhan). All muslims will be celebrating in their own countries ( visits, free food for all ..etc. ) This worries me a great deal.

What will happen in the month of Ramadhan(24 April to 23 May) is also something to worry about. Even if we assume some successful control on Hajj (given its geographical and specific time considerations), Ramadhan is everywhere, in every city and village, all kinds of people , some of whom will never agree with any restrictions whatsover, and no gov can enforce. One example I am watching these days is severl ppl marching towards holy shrines in Iraq despite Fatwas (religious orders) and gov instructions to stay home. Now if the clergy themselves can't control such people, I really don't know what can. Defintely number of ppl marching will be less that the usual numbers every year, but you never know who spreads the virus.

Another example is "God's feasts" in Egypt during the fasting month of Ramadhan. Many many people establish free food tents or tables in the streets to feed the public. It is so popular culture that even some non Muslims offer these feasts. Same in India and Pakistan. I don't know if anyone can stop it.

I am just hoping people become wiser