Well now... for our household the only "extra" provisions I can see us needing is to lay in some serious booze!

Ok, true, I'm being sarcastic - but in reality I do get some additional books on my e-reader and have been getting more books at the library each trip lately. I've also upped our use of DVD movies both rentals re-watching our own stash and getting older hits from our library.

All of the above is mostly avoidance - the whole political situation is just overwrought and I am unable to sort the "good" from the "bad" or the plain stupid anymore. I've got our TV downstairs on the History channel, HGTV or other do-it-yourself programing and have not watched any of the news or current events programing for sometime now.

The ever delightful Mrs. is somewhat of a news junkie so I count on her (watching TV upstairs) to keep me abreast of anything truly important - for me I am watching "Love it or List it" and getting ideas for remodeling the bathroom.

However, you do have a point in that a political situation can (and has in the past - Chicago '68) create civil unrest and preparations for something like that would be appropriate. For what it's worth - the current state of our preparations cover such a contingency so I don't see us doing anything different just because it is an election year.