Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
...there's really no justification for the affront to God and man that is the bell-bottomed jeans. The 70's had to have been the silliest era for fashion since men wore codpieces.

I had some sear-sucker (a type of material) red, white and blue striped bell bottoms, white patent leather shoes, a silk shirt, and gold chain. And bushy hair that would make that Kaepernick dude look normal. That was the price of admission to the discos ... where the girls were. A codpiece would have been a great addition to that style of clothing! Except, I didn't know about them back then. It was always a breath of fresh air when you could get out of that horrid garb and put on the jeans, cowboy boots and hat and head out to the country-western bars for some line dancing. As an added bonus, you got to dump that stupid drink with an umbrella in it and get a beer instead. There were quite a few lovely ladies there too. But my groups real love was rock and roll. You'd go to those places, and, well, I never once saw a female there.

These days, I play classical piano - desperately trying to keep up with all the talented ladies who can so easily out-perform me!

I never made it into a rap bar. Was there such a thing? I hated rap more than disco.