Originally Posted By: haertig
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
I feel so removed from that time that all I can go on is the music, movies, pictures and antiques from that decade.

Ouch. That hurt.

You miss the 50s. It may even hurt; you got the chance to live it, whereas I can't even imagine how it was. So, yes, I would glean information from whatever source I could.

When I was a teen, I wanted to learn about what it was like to live in different periods of twentieth-century America. I would listen to the stories adults would tell me. Some times I would even surprise them with what I know.

One time a man said something to this nature, "You wouldn't know about Sky King."

His jaw dropped when I recited everything I read about that radio program, which later became a TV series.

I would talk about what I knew about radio programs such as Tom Mix Ralston Straight Shooters or The Cinnamon Bear. This was before mobile Internet devices that would allow us to look up information on the spot.

Sometimes I would make mistakes. One time, when talking about old computers, I mistakenly called the S-100 bus the T-100. Oops, wrong letter of the alphabet.

Jeanette Isabelle