Moderators: We can't discuss politics, economics or religion in the forum. What if a person, such as myself, sees the potential of a threat developing but got it from a political, economic or religious source? Should such a person be allowed to warn their friends in this community to encourage them to take action or keep the information to themselves due to the source of information?

When I lived in Texas, we received tornado watches and warnings. A watch means the conditions are ideal for a tornado to form; a storm has not been spotted. During a watch, there is no need to seek shelter. The person, however, needs to be mindful that the conditions are ideal and keep a radio or TV on for updates. A warning means there is visual confirmation, seek shelter immediately.

When put in such terms, should a member be allowed to declare we are under a proverbial tornado watch, meaning the conditions are ideal for one to form, or don't say anything at all until there is visual confirmation?

Jeanette Isabelle