You caught me there, Russ. LOL
I admit being clumsy with words sometimes because I try not to elaborate on many details, fearing the post will become lengthy and people become bored

Those two phrases are not contradictory in reality. What I meant actually was that I will not be taking the knife on my person when I go around town, however, in places where I think I may need it (like in my own construction site, my own home, when I am alone) I will put the knife on my "batman belt" with other tools.

One of the other details I have failed to mention is that cell phone reception may be compromised. Although it is a city environment, and cell phone towers are everywhere, but the construction site itself makes a micro-environment that may not receive cell phone signal, and thus increases the risk of a survival situation. Due to the high temp in our area, I have designed the outside walls of the house to consist of a sandwich of two brick walls and a 2-inch sheet of foam in between. This is great for temperature insulation, and great for AC to work efficiently, but it is bad for cell phone signal.

So, if I am inside and something goes wrong, my cell phone may not send or receive very well. And this is why I need to have adequate preps and tools on my person, when I am inside, and alone.