what will you do to be off of the ground, to keep the rain off of you, feed yourself, keep the bugs off of you, hmm? those are all included in my system. You're going to do all that with just 1/2 lb? :-) So why would you want go above timberline? of course you have to take other stuff when you enter extreme circumstances, but you'd have nothing for the 3 other seasons. All I have to do, in order to handle sub 0F, is add 2 lbs of parka. Cold country is to be avoided, in my book. There's nothing there that justifies the horrors that go with it,for a long-term shtf scenario. Animals hibernating or migrated, plants died-back and covered in snow. Having to melt ice or snow just to get a drink, major slip-fall hazards. When bicycling south for a week would get you where it freezes only at night, and then only for a month, long enough to kill the bugs, but you can either get your plants thru it with a wood heated, plastic sheeting greenhouse, or just preserve enough food to get you thru that month. All 3200 miles of the US has been crossed in 8 days on a bicycle, guys.