This question made me really think and reflect on my EDC and how it has varied over the years and evolved. Go back a decade and I did not have any sort of FAK on my person (stuff in the car but not on my person) yet today I do. I also added a tourniquet to the FAK just three years ago. The knife I have carried has also changed several times and now I have a 'serious' knife every day that was added five years ago and also a little three blade stockman's knife at the same time for the every day things which replaced a Al Mar folder.

Phones - from bag to flip to smart have also 'evolved' with my EDC as communication was always a big thing for me - currently it's a smart phone that is a few generations old but still current with the manufacturer and is always updated.

In the dresser drawer is my original 6P flashlight (the first model made) surefire light that I carried for many years and it has been replaced just this last year with an upgraded current LED version and I have augmented it with a Fenix EO5 on my key chain to replace the old mini-mag. I think back to about 30 years ago and the only think that I have from then to now which is EDC is my watch and a p-38 on my keyring - got the watch back then and it's still going strong.

Way back in the 'young and dumb' years I used to EDC (when I was a cop) a S&W Model 29 - for the uninformed, please see Dirty Harry. Remember, young and dumb?? So, yeah - that got dropped.

I am also going over everything this weekend and thinking about what, why and such with all my current EDC as this question is making me really think about it again and I may make some changes. Thanks for asking!

Paul -