This is why I posted a similar thread in "Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies." I need to know how to strip down to mostly essentials.

Originally Posted By: Ors
I’m working on getting down to what’s really important to me, and it’s a process.

Some of it is sentimental, some antique furniture from my parents, including some pieces my grandfather made with hand tools.

As Mom studies genealogy, I'm learning why it is important to save items that meant so much to our ancestors. I have one ancestor in particular who fought in the Civil War. He gave his daughter a nickel. That nickel was her prized possession and it remains in our family. Mom has it.

I can only imagine how my ancestor would feel if I spent, traded or just left her prized possession behind.

For something so meaningful and yet so small, there is no question. It needs to be passed down to the last living family member.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (11/26/18 01:43 PM)