Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Originally Posted By: dweste
Okay, you have your basics covered: if push come to shove, yours will be one of the longest, most successful urban survival stories ever told.

But what about style? What about those things that make life worthwhile? What about those things, quirky though they may be, that bring a smile to your face?

Cone on, spill, what is in your stash that you know would make the others jealous if only the dumb #@! had thought to search them out and put them is their kit?

I would pack a journal, printed E-mail and everything that will tell my story. Even if my family or I do not survive, at the very least an archeologist will have fun trying to figure me out.

I'm still working on it. Currently, I have my story in two folders in the form of a copy of my friend's journal, printed E-mail, printed copies of drawings and a letter.

In a survival situation, the will to live can make the difference between life and death. I most likely will be surrounded by my family and hopefully some friends. Family or not, purpose goes a long way. Preserving our history is another. History is another way of saying, "We were here! Don't let our memory be erased! We mattered in the grand scheme of things."

Jeanette Isabelle