03lab:

It is not about ego on my part, it is more about tough love!

If you read all the posts, one of them deals with people who take issue with preparedness in general, not me in particular.

The people to whom I say this to their faces now, while no emergency exists stand a better chance of preparing for their own safety than the people who espose everlasting desire to help fools in an emergency. Fools are those who have the mental, physical, and financial ability to prepare, but do not do so.

There are many people the world over (far fewer in the United States.), where day to day existance does not allow them the luxury of extra supplies for some errant emergency. If something serious happens in the place I am (We just recently had an earthquake whose epicenter was in Illinois shake me in my recliner. It was kind of strange having my world rocked and there was no loving woman with me.), Wisconsin being a very nice stable area, and I end up with some Valley Girl or pompous CEO, or an average person with more boats or cars than they need asking for help, any of them that derided preparedness would be refused help by me. Those who were just too busy trying to get by in life and didn't have the time, intelligence, or money to be prepared would be helped by me as much as I could.

I admit this now and openly to all. Those who laugh at ALL of us for our mindset have a chance by knowing my type exist. Those of you that wait and end up experiencing cries for help from so many that you cannot help at all are more likely to harm the masses because you are making them complacent with the idea that you will always help.

If you cannot swim, and you jump in to save a drowning person and you both drown, your conscience may be clear, but you still did not help. Force as many people as you can to learn to swim by telling them that you CAN NOT or WILL NOT save them, and you will live, and they will live, and together you can help more people. This example applies to preparedness because if you are in an emegency with 3 days supplies and you see two hundred people coming to you with no supplies, you cannot help, and you will end up giving them very short term hope and probably hurt yourself because your conscience makes you try instead of accepting the futility of it all, turning away and saving yourself for 3 days.

Peace!

Bountyhunter