Yeah, that's the first whopper just to set the tone. In the article I linked the author accused Doug of a crime in the second sentence! Could be worse, he could have lead with it. wink I'm not an expert on knife laws but if you're going to toss accusations at someone that is you damn sure better have your facts straight.

So for me that got the piece off on the wrong foot. If I'm introducing bias of my own in reading it, well, that's an issue we all have to be careful of. I imagine I get a little defensive because while I've never met him in person, Doug is "one of our own." It seems the the author injects subtle digs wherever possible. I suppose though it's as Doug said- it could have been worse.

Apropos of nothing and speaking for myself, not Mr. Ritter, the knife laws I find the most egregious are the ones like the "Gravity Knife" laws of NYC. Incredibly even their State Supreme Court can't figure out the facts. There really is no reliable means of determining if a knife is legal to carry. While I don't have a link right now I know of a case where a guy had a couple of different cops test his knife to see if would open with a flick- it would not and was deemed okay. But eventually he came across a bionic robocop that was able to flick it open and he went to jail. If you happen to be stopped by an Olympic-level knife popper maybe even your SAK is a gravity knife. It's asinine IMO, and a violation of our civil rights. Plus as the linked article points out those arrested are usually browner than I am.

Edited by Phaedrus (09/18/18 11:45 PM)