What caught my eye immediately was the 20 oz. rib eye...I can dissect an 8 oz and ask for a box - twenty oz would be at least four or five entrees.

About legal carry - I learned something. I carry illegal (in CA) most of the time, my Skeletool CX riding deep in my right hand cargo pocket, and I'll bet I am not the only perp in this state. Doug may or may not have been carrying legally, but it is a pretty minor issue, typically invoked when someone is detained for some other reason...

Regarding the NRA, whatever you might think about them, they are one of the most effective lobbying organizations around...Why not follow their playbook? People who don't like the NRA may react negatively, so what?

I thought there was a pretty good discussion of the media-related demonizing of various types of knives, as well as coverage of the civil rights slant on selective enforcement against minorities, an issue of real concern to all of us.

The article mention figures on firearm use in fatalities, as well as knives, but did not relate those to overall homicide stats, which would have improved the article. How do knives stand in relationship to all the other means of killing? poisoning, for instance...

I am always a bit suspicious of articles which simply flatter and praise, and I thought this one to be a reasonable treatment of the subject. I didn't get any kind of "under cover of darkness" tactics - just straightforward legislative lobbying, pretty common nowadays.

What is so often overlooked in discussions of this type, is that it truly is not the article itself, whether knife or gun, which commits the act, but the person wielding it. How do manage those, and yet maintain constitutional freedoms? There's a really knotty problem!