Zippo Typhoon Matches

Standard disclaimer, just a customer. I did want to see how well this container help up.

The matches work as they are advertised, much like the UCO and REI stormproof matches. They are probably manufactured the same way. Do not try to light them the way most people try to light matches. It is better to push them across the striker rather than drag them sideways. They will break, like any other matches.

The case does float, and the seal on the match compartment keeps the water out even when completely submerged. I was more worried about the strike pad under the bottom cap. It is not a screw cap with an O ring like the match compartment. However, 20 minutes submerged a few inches under water, it did not allow any water to reach the strike pad. I am pleasantly surprised. I have used the UCO and REI stormproof matches a great deal, and these perform just as well.

Do be aware of the form factor and size of the container. It is great for a backpack or large pocket, but too large for most survival kits.