I will also say the Fenix is a good choice. I've got a couple of the AAA EO5 lights and they are really great - one is pocket carry and the other lives on the key chain.

Ah yes, mag-lights are great and I've got a C size that I put an LED head on and a D light that also has a new LED bulb and they are both really good lights but heavy/big. I also have a Safariland Kel-light from the '70's that uses two c cells and is still plugging away - it's on the garage work bench right now and has been "everywhere" with me over the years.

I really like and rely on SureFire lights but they are beyond the price point for the most part in this discussion... Elzetta lights are good too from what I've seen but really expensive.

I got a five pack of 'coast' lights at the local big box a couple of years ago - AA powered metal construction(one battery) and nice, bright LED bulb which cost me about 20 bucks for the pack. I've given a couple away, have one downstairs at home, one at work at my desk and another one tucked away there too. They work great and are still going strong. That's an idea too.

Paul -