Originally Posted By: hikermor
https://www.rei.com/product/124307/fenix-fd20-focus-flashlight
The Fenix FD20 would meet your specs. It is available from a lot of online retailers, not just the one referenced above. I am sure there are others, but Fenix is a quality brand, and reliable

I appreciate yur desire for simplicity and utility, but I would suggest you consider lights that run on a single 18650 rechargeable battery. They are about the same size and bulk but with significantly increased capability. You really should put rechargeable AAs in the Fenix light or similar for a variety of reasons, including ultimate cost. This means you purchase a charging station. If you do that, you might as well get one that will handle lithium-ion batteries. i believe you will be glad you did.

I am not a flashlight geek, and I could care less about beam quality and other things that are raved about endlessly on various forums. But I am very happy I am carrying lithium-ion units. Mash on the button and you get light, every time....

Thanks for the link. I did see those lights when I was looking earlier today. As for the AA batteries, I have about 30-40 AA Eneloops, so I am good for awhile for rechargeables and which is why I am specifically looking for an AA compatible flashlight.

John Lubbock